Friday, February 12, 2010

Creative

As a mom I often have find very creative ways to do things: get Jack to eat certain foods, get him to brush his teeth, keep Cole quiet in the car, stay awake for more than 5 minutes after the kids are in bed, adjust recipes to what we actually have available, have lots of fun for very little money...you get the idea. I decided to make Valentine's with Jack today. We had about 30 minutes before it was his naptime so we grabbed some red (actually more orange from fading) construction paper, white cardstock, black and red and pink markers, and then we began to hunt for some Elmer's glue. Now dad (grandpa Wayne) used to always have glue out in the garage. Apparently, not anymore. And there was no glitter to be had. So instead we used egg whites and red sugar sprinkles. Very organic I thought!!! :) Here are Jack's creations.

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you used egg whites and sprinkles for your valentine's. That's very creative. I'm sure Jack thought he was making a valentine and a "recipe" all in one.

    ReplyDelete