Monday, November 30, 2009

Bedtime

Jack has always been really good about going to bed at night. Sleeps well, as long as he has his water and blankies. Lately our bedtime routine has been that while I am attending to Cole, Chris will take Jack up, pray, and tuck him in, then he comes to get Cole, and I got pray and say goodnight. Last night as Chris was getting Jack in bed, Jack sits up in bed. Not being defiant, but kind of dropping over with his arms resting on his legs and his cocked to one side and says, "I don't want to sleep, I already took one last night!" He says these things so cute you almost want to let him get out of bed...but then you remember that you have a childless date with the couch for a few minutes of R&R. At the end of my part of the bedtime routine, I always tell Jack sweet dreams as I walk to his door and he replies with "sweet dreams, you too mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment