Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Short-Term Memory

Pretty simple life. Wake up. Go to work. Come home. See Family. A lot happens in bewtween but you get the point. The best part is every night when I get home I hear "HEY DADDY!"
I remember one of my favorite snl hosts of all time (Tom Hanks) had a character called Mr. Short Term Memory Guy. Playing on a game show they would introduce him first. He would say hello and look to his left. He realized he was standing next to a TV Star and he would say "WOW! Aren't you..."(so and so)? The the host moves on to introduce the TV Star and when he says his name, Tom Hanks freaks out again and says "WOW! It's..."(so and so)! This continues throughout the skit. Take my word for it. Very funny.
It doesn't matter if its been 2 hours or a whole day, when you walk in the door Jack gives a greeting to you as though it has been weeks and he has waited...impatiently...to see you again. Nothing makes you feel more loved/accepted/right and like a GOOD parent than that greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment