Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exhausted!

Rarely has it happened that my children will choose to fall asleep. Bedtime isn't a battle by any means, but it does take a little coaxing most nights. At 5am this morning, both my kids were up. Cole crying, and Jack hollering from his room "let me out, someone please open my door." And by 5:30am we were on the road headed to Rolla, MO to celebrate Karissa's birthday. Jack gearing up to hang out with his cousins this weekend, was so excited and started out the trip by asking 'are we there yet?' more times then I cared to hear. Cole slept off and on most of the trip with 2 diaper changes that were performed in my lap, one of them being poopy (only a loving mother would attempt would that!) After about 4 1/2 hours into the trip, Jack is restless and wanting to exercise and stretch, he hasn't napped yet, and we are begging him too. (Side note....when I first had Jack I didn't believe in DVD players in the car, except for long trips. Jack however is the kind of kid that will crash if we are driving around past 10am so I bit my words and started putting the dvd player on to keep him awake so that he would still take a good nap at home on days when we have to be out and about. Keeping him awake until we get home could be a full time job in and of itself) That being said, of all days he decides he doesn't need to fall asleep in the car. Finally, with about 45 min left of our trip he crashes. In my mind at least he is getting a little nap before the festivities begin. Our afternoon was filled with jumping on their indoor trampoline (which is awesome! and I wish I would have known about these things before Christmas, because we would have gotten one), riding the smart cycle, running up and down the basement stairs too many times to count, swimming at the pool, having a birthday party, getting sugar-ed up on cake and ice cream, then at 7pm heading to the skating rink, cause that is what Karissa wanted for a birthday party! (all she has talked about is having a skating party) It was so much fun. Cole was a real trooper in the midst of it all. So home we are at 9:30 trying to get air mattresses blown up, and Jack just sits on the couch not moving and inch. I sit down by him and he tells me he is sleepy. I think had I left him there 2 more minutes, he would have passed out cold. This was the easiest night of putting my babies to bed, and what is more exciting is that maybe they will sleep in until 6am tomorrow instead of 5! Good night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment