Monday, January 18, 2010

Influences

Jack has been saying random things lately, and we usually wonder he gets those sayings. His newest one is 'nebermind'. Jack will be in the middle of asking for something and they just say 'oh, nebermind'! Well, while he was watching Toy Story the other day, the little neighbor girl shouts nevermind to her mom while asking for something cause she found something else to play with. The light came on. The other thing that has been said a lot lately is, "ahhh, it's a scary monster!" I really had no idea where he picked this up. I figured it was from a cartoon, but couldn't place which one. It was really starting to aggravate me, because he would say he saw a scary monster all the time. One night while playing with his word whammer on the fridge, he hit the letter A several times, and all of the sudden I hear "Aaahhhhh, it's a scary monster!" My mom, sister and I all looked at each other. Seriously, that's on an alphabet teaching game.
Another funny incident....while in Missouri for my niece's birthday, we were at the house waiting for the other grandparents to arrive, and when the doorbell rang Jack shouted out, "We have a customer." That would be from the Imagination Movers.

So after seeing how fast he was picking up on those sayings...we have started trying to get him to memorize Bible verse. Last week was Genesis 1:1, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He did pretty good getting it down. The biggest hassle is trying to get him to actually say it for me, but a couple times I caught him saying, then when he realized I was listening, he would say "nebermind". (and that is with a b not a v)

1 comment:

  1. Aww... too cute! Good thinking on the bible verse part! It will stick with him!

    ReplyDelete